Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

16 weeks

Dear Lil' Monster,

We have made to 16 weeks! It never ceases to amaze me just how much people are excited for your arrival! I know I say this all of the time but you will be surrounded by so much love when you enter this world.

It is only about 3 and a half weeks until we find out just what you are! My friend Casse is obsessed with the idea of going to Fetal Focus for a 3d ultrasound so we can found out before our actual appointment in July. Daddy thinks that the photos look funny, so I think I will wait. It is hard to wait though, I must admit. I want to start decorating and buying little boy or girl things. I want to start the nursery and get everything ready for you! I think Daddy can sense my impatience because we are going to start registering at Target and Babies R' Us tomorrow. I want to hit up Ikea as well but we will have to see just how tired I get.

Speaking of Daddy...he is so in love with you, baby. Everyday he looks at and rubs my belly, he loves to talk to you and I am sure that you can feel him pressing his ear up against your little home. I can feel you moving around in there; you squirm and you wiggle around. I think that Daddy is a little bit jealous of that fact but I have told him that soon enough you will be able to kick him when he presses on you too hard.

It has been really hot around here and I have been worried about getting too warm because I don't want you to fry in there. So today after work I made Daddy go to Lowe's and buy an air conditioner to use during the daytime. Fortunately it cools off in the evening so we won't have to spend an arm and a leg in electricity (Mum is a frugal little lady!). Today when we were a Lowe's we saw a little girl hugging on her mama and Daddy had the biggest smile on his face. I could just tell that he can't wait to have you in his arms and show you what the world is about.

I only have one small request to ask of you, baby. Please stop making me want to eat Cup of Soup and Top Ramen! I know you don't know this but that stuff is soooo bad for us! You have me eating one at least once a day....can't we crave a salad instead? It's ok, I forgive you.

So far we have gained 12 pounds in our 16 weeks together. I know that gaining weight is part of our journey but it is a little bit hard for me to accept the changes in my body. Fortunately the only things that really changed are my boobs, my ever expanding belly and my wider hips. People keep telling me that I will likely end up being all belly but its a hard pill to swallow sometimes. I miss going to the gym 4 or 5 times a week and pushing myself to the limit. Now I am so tired I can barely make it 3 times a week.

Anyway, it is time to have dinner. Daddy grilled us some hamburgers and we are having salad and I think I am going to sneak a couple of potato chips

I know I suck at this blogging thing and I feel horribly that I haven't been taking better care of documenting our journey together...I will make better effort to keep up!

I love you, Lil' Monster.

Love,

mum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to show us some love. I really appreciate each and every comment and I will respond as soon as I can! Thanks!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2012

Design Elements by: Tracie Stroud