Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Losin' It

Well everyone I made it!

 I made it to one month of working out with about 3 days of "rest." Rest, ha! Working where I work and getting to take the evening "off" to "rest" my muscles by not working out is pretty funny. You see, for the past week my company ran this special which made our drinks pretty cheap. Needless to say I was super exhausted after every ten hour day.  

Like this:

Cute right?!
Except....I am the mama which means I take care of the vast majority of house keeping and cooking. But, this is not a bitch sesh so let's get on to the fun stuff, yes?

Last Wednesday marked one month since I started working out with Nicole. Which inevitably meant that it was my time to weigh in/measure up. I was really worried about this because I am still breastfeeding so I was  freaking out thinking that I wasn't going to be able to cut calories and still provide Aubrey with quality breastmilk. But....

Drum roll please......................................................

I lost FIVE POUNDS and FIVE PERCENT body fat! I lost everywhere except for my thighs and calves, surprise surprise. My lower body has always been quite stubborn. I feel great but I have yet to look at myself in the mirror which means that I still have quite a bit of work left to do. But, great news, I am finally feeling that committed feeling where if I am not going to the gym or walking up the local mountain I feel like I have to do something

I haven't taken a picture yet. I plan to take one once I hit the ten pound mark and then pull up an older photo just for comparison. I can't even begin to tell you how proud of myself I am. I feel good and not to toot my own horn or anything but I have been noticing the looks I have been getting. You know, the ones where you can feel the dudes checking you out and it makes you feel a-ma-zing? Yep, those ones.

So here's to the revival of Monday Meltdowns with Mama. And creating a healthier mama who feels great and can model a healthy self-esteem for this little munchkin:
Until next time,



 

1 comment:

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to show us some love. I really appreciate each and every comment and I will respond as soon as I can! Thanks!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2012

Design Elements by: Tracie Stroud