Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Palm Springs

Yesterday our little family took a quick trip out to Palm Springs to celebrate a very dear friend's 50th birthday. I must admit, I was more than a bit nervous to take this drive. Even though Aub is past the newborn, eat every two hours stage we had yet to make a long journey. Granted, it was a little less than an hour and a half, but still, I was petrified.
 I don't know what I was scared of - crashing?
A screaming infant?
 An exploded diaper? Because lord knows that girl can explode her cloth diapers.

 But, my lovely Little Monster proved me wrong - the drive was extremely easy! I wish I could go on and on but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself because in about a month we will be embarking on a much longer journey when we go on out first family vacay to San Francisco!

We arrived and everyone just passed her 'round and 'round and she just loved every second! She didn't want to take a nap, I think, because she was afraid she would miss everything.

We ate a lite dinner and then we headed up to the Palm Springs Aerial Tram. I was worried that Aub would fuss like crazy on the way up the mountain but she did just fabulously!

Evidence...
Looking outside
People Watching

Once we got up on top of the mountain we went outside and took in the breathtaking, albeit smoggy, views. Our friend, Rhonda and her sister Donna and their Mum gladly took Aub so that Roy and I could explore on our own. It was very nice having that 15 minutes of alone time to explore and do some light hiking. 
*I just realized that I really ought to take some photos of Roy and I together...* I get so caught up in catching every second of Aub that I forget about us!*
Then we went inside for some refreshments. 
Then I caught this:

Papa and Aubs sharing an ice cream
At first I was a bit irritated because I don't want her eating that junk but I simmered down and got a little closer....


She absolutely LOVED the ice cream!
I just don't want her to get used to eating sugary things all the time, ya know? That's why I think we will be starting with rice cereal and veggies for the most part for awhile. But that's for another post, another time.
So for now....let's just enjoy this:
Ice cream face






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to show us some love. I really appreciate each and every comment and I will respond as soon as I can! Thanks!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2012

Design Elements by: Tracie Stroud