Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Seven


Oh Aubrey,

     My little Bird. I have stopped calling you my Little Monster because it was a nickname that your father and I gave you and it was an inside secret sort of thing. And what do you know, your Papa's parents pitched a fit about us calling you a monster for the longest time. And guess what? They now call you Monster. Sigh. It makes me unhappy but it's fine because secretly I called you my Bird from the beginning. You see, before we knew you were a girl I couldn't get a bird themed nursery out of my head. I even began painting little wooden bird houses. Remember all of those little chats we would have on the drive to work each morning? We would listen to "Lullaby" by the Dixie Chicks and I would call you my Bird.
    Anyway, you are now seven months and four days old. I can't believe how fast this year is going. Someone the other day asked if I have started planning your first birthday - I gave them "the eye" and said I was in denial.
     We missed your six month appointment so next Monday we will go to the doctor and get your stats.
      You have been eating solids for a little while and you like: eggs, sweet potato, strawberries, apples, bananas, nectarines, baby puff cereal, baby cookies, pasta, cheese, ice cream (Papa!), berry smoothies and cucumbers. We started out with purees and decided that finger foods are the best for you.


You definitely did NOT like green beans!
     You have been able to sit up very well for awhile now. Now your newest thing is trying to pull yourself up and stand. You also have been pulling yourself up onto your hands and knees and rock like you are about to take off! I know crawling and/or walking is right around the corner and I have been trying to start baby proofing! So far we have moved our stone coffee table out of the way and I have been moving all of the cords out of your reach. 
     You babble all of the time and sometimes I can swear you say mama and it melts my heart. 
     People are starting to ask when we are going to have another one and expand our little family. To be honest, I am starting to wonder that, too. But I have had issues with the way you were brought into this world that I feel I need to sort out first. Don't get me wrong, I would never trade your story for anything and I am incredibly grateful that you were born alive and healthy. And I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to give you a baby brother or sister but I think we are going to sit this one out for a bit. I want to give you my undivided attention. 
     I love you so much, my little Bird. You are the light of my life. 
     I can't wait to see what this month bring us!
Love, 
Mama
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to show us some love. I really appreciate each and every comment and I will respond as soon as I can! Thanks!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2012

Design Elements by: Tracie Stroud