Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

The First 36...

of this vacation were pure torture. TORTURE.

First, we left at about midnite. We decided that driving to San Francisco would be easier than flying, for obvious reasons. I was worried that if we flew we would be "that couple" who didn't have it together and whose baby would scream and scream and scream. Of course we would make it work and deal with it but the thought of that happening literally made me want to puke. So, the other option? Driving the 6-8 hours to our destination!

Oh boy. First, Aub decided that she was just too excited to even think about going nite nite before we left. Yes folks, she did not sleep until about 45 minutes into the trip. She hadn't even had a nap since about 2:30 that afternoon.

We got the rental car all packed up at about 11:45, said goodbye to our dog babies and left our instructions for my brother and sister and then we were off! Like I said, Aubrey was not having it and she cried and cried and cried until I climbed into the backseat and gave her some Magic, aka, my boob. My bird fell asleep in a snap!


She slept for about three hours and right as we were pulling over to stretch our legs Little Miss woke up screaming and did not stop again until I gave her another dose of the Boob.

A driver switch, another cry fest and a few (lonnnnnng) hours later: WE MADE IT!!!!

We made it to San Francisco at about 6 a.m. but we still had the drive to Alameda to our hotel. After a pit stop for gas and some good ole rush hour traffic we made it to our hotel. But.....check in wasn't until 3 p.m. and it was 8 a.m. So we drove around. Again, Aub was not having it...

Let's take a moment to talk about torture......1 hour of sleep after being up for about 30 hours was not fun. This mama was having a very hard time being understanding toward a cranky 8 month old and a very tired papa.

Anywho....fast forward to 1:45. We had been driving around all damn day and I had had enough so I called the hotel in hopes to check in early but was fully prepared to hear NO. Luckily, the staff at the Extended Stay were amazing and let us check in 45 minutes early.

Cue the angels singing.

We thought all was well and then..............................Aubrey starts coughing. *Sad face*

We were up every hour that night. I was praying we wouldn't get a phone call from the management about our child screaming every hour on the hour. Luckily, we didn't.

I wish I had photographic proof of everything but I was sooooooo tired and soooooo over it.

Everyday since then has been amazing.

I am off to edit some photos...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to show us some love. I really appreciate each and every comment and I will respond as soon as I can! Thanks!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2012

Design Elements by: Tracie Stroud