Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

7 months


Dear Baby,

Today is your first fourth of July that you have existed in our lives....

This morning I woke up and thought, "this time next year we will have a 7 month old on our hands." I cannot begin to imagine what life will be like this time next year. There are so many questions that I have about you. There are so many things I am anxious to know and experience.

According to BabyCenter this week I should be beginning to think about my birth plan. Birth Plan! I can barely decide on what to put on a registry, which cloth diapers to choose, where I want to begin for your nursery...let alone a birth plan. They also say that you can feel my touch so I try to make sure that I am rubbing the belly as much as possible. Even though I feel ridiculous doing it, I also try to talk to you. I tell you about my day and what's going on in my life - I want you to know just how much I love you.

All day today I have felt a heaviness on one side of my body. It doesn't hurt but it gets mighty uncomfortable at times - whatever it is that you are doing, please stop! I do, however, enjoy your little kicks and squirms when I am still enough to feel them. I feel like you are my secret and that we have something no one else ever will share. I know everyone is anxious to get to feel you dancing in my belly, I am too. I want them to feel what I do. I want them to have that physically connection with you so that you know you are loved by many.

Enough of the silly stuff....

As I said, today was your first 4th of July. We woke up and ate some eggs and a piece of cornbread leftover from last night. We made a trip to the grocery store to pick up some last minute items and then we visited mommy's store to steal some ice because I refuse to pay for solid water. Usually when we are at work, mommy is wearing an apron so it is hard for people to see just how much you have grown. Everyone's face lit up and they ooh'd and ahh'd over you.

We had hamburgers and bratwurst that daddy bbq'd. Daddy is an awesome bbq chef, even though he doesn't think so. Everyone says he should enter in a bbq contest - hopefully you will be around when he finally decides to do one. You would be proud!

For dessert my mommy made homemade pazookie.....I know you don't quite know what that is. It's a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream, we had neopolitan!

Having you in my belly plus all of the food we ate is making mommy pretty uncomfortable!

Anyway, here we are at 17 weeks. I thought we had gained 12 pounds so far but I took a look at our paperwork for our bloodwork coming up and we have only gained 8!





On the 21st we will (hopefully) find out just what you are. Everyone except Auntie Em is rooting for you to be a boy. Hopefully you will be cooperative that day. I can't wait!

I love you,

momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to show us some love. I really appreciate each and every comment and I will respond as soon as I can! Thanks!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2012

Design Elements by: Tracie Stroud