Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Long days

This mama is tired.
I haven't trained anyone to work at my store since this time last year and I had forgotten how exhausting and demanding it is with just one, let alone FOUR new people. By the end of my ten hour shift I am exhausted at best and would love nothing more than to curl up on the couch for a hot date with Ben and Jerry and reruns of the Real Housewives.
 But instead, I come home to this:

And suddenly everything about the day is more than worthwhile and I will spend the next few hours playing, bouncing, feeding, bathing and watching this gorgeous little Monster fall fast asleep. 
It never ceases to amaze me that I created her and that she is mine. 
And it doesn't matter what happened that day, be it a crappy customer (or five) or that my numbers aren't where I want them to be, or that it appears that my entire team's morale has dropped considerably while I was on my maternity leave and I am left to pick up the pieces - it is all soooo worth it. 
Sometimes I loathe the fact that I am a working mama. To be honest, I didn't think I would want to stay home but giving birth to her changed me. I thought I was a business woman



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Tell me about it! She is quite the little character even though she is only 5 months old!

      Delete
  2. Love the photo! I know what working with a little baby is like! I'm a new follower from the blog hop :) x

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to show us some love. I really appreciate each and every comment and I will respond as soon as I can! Thanks!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2012

Design Elements by: Tracie Stroud