Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

That 2 O'clock Feeling

Lately, our afternoon routine usually consists of: wake up from nap, feeding, diaper change, tummy time and then we either read books, sing songs, practice sitting up and standing, have conversations or walk around outside and check out the world or we play on our play mat. The days we play on the play mat it looks like this:

Aubrey will grasp a toy in her hand and bat at the toys with her other hand and feet. She will coo and talk to the toys dangling above her. 
She can go on like that for a good chunk of time. I can either do a quick clean of the kitchen, living room or bathroom or I will sit and talk to her. But let me tell you - it can turn ugly really fast!

 Lately, once the clock hit 2 p.m. my sweet little Monster turns from this:

To this:

 Everyday from about 2 p.m. to 5-5:30 this little girl is not happy about anything. I go through the checklist: hungry? Nope. Wet? Nope. Cold? Don't think so. Hot? Don't think so either. 
Yes, my friends, I am almost certain she has Colic.
Everyday from about 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. I felt like I was going to lose my mind. Yesterday when I hit a wall I figured I would try swaddling her. 
Jackpot.
I swaddled her tightly, gave her a pacifier and tossed   placed her in her swing and BAM! Just like that she was out. And she slept for a good 3 hours. 
I love my little Monster to death but my goodness! I found myself thinking this is not my little girl; she was not like this last week. 
Sigh.
Just one more reminder to be flexible and open to her routine's ebbs and flows. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to show us some love. I really appreciate each and every comment and I will respond as soon as I can! Thanks!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2012

Design Elements by: Tracie Stroud