Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

One Month

Dear Aubrey,

So much has happened in this first month:

- You were born. It was the longest five days of my life!

- We brought you home and life is no longer the same. I mean that in only the very best way.

- You have several nicknames that I have given you. Aub, Aubs, Little Monster, Booger Bean, Little Bird, Stinkerdoodle. Most commonly used: Little Monster. Your Papa's parents have made comments about their disdain of that name; it encourages me to say it more.

- You experienced your first Christmas and you slept through all of it!

- You make eye contact with me and your papa now and you coo and 'talk' to us.

- When you cry actual tears it melts my heart.

- You smile

- You are starting to like taking baths

- Your eyes are still blue

- You are still pretty pale...I have been told that you will gain 'color' as you get older :)

Aubrey Rose, I could stare at you for days! My heart as exploded with love, affection, and admiration for you. I love every moment with you, yes, even the ones where we are up at all hours of the night.

You have grown so much it amazes me. The other night I realized that you've outgrown some pajamas. Your papa found you and me sitting on the bed with tears streaming down my cheeks. I told him I wanted to keep you in a little box so you couldn't grow anymore. You are heavy now. I think I will weigh you tomorrow. People think I am crazy when I talk about how huge you are because they think you are still so tiny.

I now think I have an inkling of understanding of how/why some people have so many children - I would do this again and again.

I love you so much. You being here motivates me to write here more often. So much happens; I do not want to miss anything.

I love you.


I love you.


I love you.


Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to show us some love. I really appreciate each and every comment and I will respond as soon as I can! Thanks!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2012

Design Elements by: Tracie Stroud