Saturday, January 28, 2012


I go back to work February 29th. I am so not ready...Fortunately for us we have both sets of parents within 20 minutes of our house to help with watching after Aubrey. His parent's house is actually on the way to work so it will be a breeze (driving wise) to drop her off on my way to work. His parents will be watching Aub Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at their house and my sister will actually be caring for her every Wednesday at our house. Anyway, my sister is only 20 years old and doesn't have much experience with babies aside from the one friend that has a child but she doesn't really talk to her much so that doesn't count. So she has started coming over for a couple of hours to "shadow" me with Aubrey. She has learned how to change a diaper, prepare a bottle (of breast milk), calm her down, etc. She's doing quite well actually; so comfortable that she offered to come over last nite to watch Aubrey so that Roy and I could go on a date. Going on a date wasn't an option for last nite so she came over for a couple of hours in the afternoon so that I could get out of the house. My original plan was to head to Michael's craft store for supplies to make head bands for the baby but Roy came home so we went on a lunch/coffee date instead. Why doesn't anyone ever warn you about the feelings that might occur when you leave your baby for the first time? I mean, I totally trust my sister but I was so anxious! I felt like I couldn't focus on enjoying my time (alone!) with Roy and enjoy my burrito. I caught myself staring off into space. I kept thinking that the baby was crying. I felt strangely naked, like a huge chunk of me was missing. I felt really bad because Roy kept asking what was wrong and I didn't want to admit that I had Aubrey on my mind. But he figured it out anyway and tried to distract me by whisking me off to Starbucks. Not even my Grande Caramel Macchiato Upside down could hold my attention. We were gone for only an hour and by the time that hour was up we could not get home fast enough. We literally hit every red light! I practically jumped out of the (moving) car when we pulled up to the house. This is what I came home to:
*Ahhhh* Sigh of relief. My sister said it was a bit scary at first because she kept crying but that all was well. I go back to work in about a month - how am I going to handle that? I am a general manager that works 45 hours a week...surely I will not make it. How did you handle your return to work? Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to show us some love. I really appreciate each and every comment and I will respond as soon as I can! Thanks!


Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2012

Design Elements by: Tracie Stroud